While baldness is a damaging physical difficulty, those experiencing it are seen to suffer devastating psychological effects as well. These adverse effects are often due to the distressing, shaming and frustrating nature of the extreme hair loss. This anxiety generally plays a great role in the decision to seek out baldness cures. It is a desperate attempt to revive some sense of self-worth among those who have lost all satisfaction in their body image.
The first step one must take in the search for an effective baldness cure is to identify the cause of the baldness. Unfortunately, for many men male pattern baldness has been identified as a hereditary disorder which requires them to investigate medical options as cures. While for some this is perfectly adequate, others may be less enthusiastic towards the notion. Nowadays, medical remedies are viewed as dangerous with organic alternatives being preferred by the majority of the population.
However, let us review the medical causes of male pattern baldness or Androgenetic alopecia. It is linked to an increase in androgen levels with the scalp. The balding occurs when there is an activation of the male hormone Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) on the androgen-dependent and androgen-sensitive areas of the scalp. As the DHT binds to these receptors the hair follicles shrink and lose their ability to produce hair thus leading to progressive hair thinning and ultimate baldness.
When reviewing baldness cure options one is faced with various options including both medical and organic alternatives. The medical varieties include either surgical hair transplantation or medications. However, the problem with medication is that the user may experience certain side effects. The natural alternatives come in the form of both herb extracts and vitamins or an alteration in ones diet.
The surgical option is that of hair transplantation. Over recent years this has become increasingly popular due to advanced technology. Nowadays one is able to have the hair implant procedure completed in a shorter amount of time and present with a more ‘natural’ look in comparison to the old ‘doll hair’ look. Many celebrities support this option including international cricketers Shane Warne and Jacques Kallis.
While the hair transplantation is a less long-term option, there are individuals who find it the surgical route rather terrifying and would prefer medication. While there are numerous choices the two most popular and effective are Rogaine and Propecia.
While both of these have evidenced satisfactory results they have also shown rather unpleasant side effects. The common side effects of Rogaine include dizziness, cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeats) and swelling of the face and extremities. Propecia showed side effects including dizziness, cardiac arrhythmia and severe sexual dysfunctions. Unfortunately, one needs to continue using these drugs in order to maintain hair growth so you must consider carefully whether you are prepared to live with these side effects.
In conclusion, baldness is a devastating disorder which affects one both physically and psychologically, but male pattern baldness cure is coming soon. Nowadays there are various options available which one may use as a cure. However, it is vital to conduct research into the treatment before use to avoid any detrimental long-term effects.
- Baldness Cure May Have Inched a Bit Closer WebMD
- Have scientists discovered a cure for BALDNESS? Stem cell treatment helps dead hair follicles grow again | Mail Online
- Cure for baldness? Hair-follicle-generating stem cells bring hope – Medical News Today
- Stem cell-based treatment for baldness a step closer
- How to Fight Hair Loss – Treating Male Pattern Baldness – Men's Fitness
- Hair Loss and Hair Growth Products
- Local Researchers Step Closer to Baldness Cure | NBC 10 Philadelphia
- Baldies rejoice! Science offers the cure : Beauty, News – India Today
- Could stem cell research spell the end of baldness? – Health News – NHS Choices
- Causes of Balding. Baldness Cure | Patient.co.uk
- Hair loss – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Management of hair loss – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Banish Baldness in 2014: Four Key Treatments | Alan J. Bauman
- Baldness Could One Day Be Reversed Via Stem Cell Treatment – Health News – redOrbit
- Cure for baldness could be near after discovery of gene that promotes hair growth, according to a team at the University of Southern California – Mirror Online
- HowStuffWorks "Could gene therapy cure baldness?"